Thursday, December 5, 2013

Titles are Hard to Think of...

I really did not want to go running today.

I probably should've gone running yesterday, but I didn't, using carpooling with the roomie and saving the environment as an excuse. And yoga on Tuesday was rough - not even because we did anything particularly difficult or anything, but just because my body is apparently mad at me for some reason.

This afternoon, I was curled up on the couch in my office after school falling asleep and just dreaming of going home to my real couch and spending the rest of the day in a TV coma.

But no. Last time I ran was Monday and two days off is pushing it. So I went.

Course I forgot regular socks. Again. Luckily, I wore boots to work today so I was wearing socks - socks that would look ridiculous with my running capris and probably keep me too warm, but still socks. So I went running dressed kinda weird.

I was less self-conscious about it than I thought I'd be, actually, and in the end decided I didn't care if people thought I was dressed weird. I was running, and that's what was important.

I also needed some extra motivation today so I racked my brains for something really important to offer my run for. And not that I'm happy that a friend's mom is in the hospital, it definitely gave me more reason to keep going. I even ended up going an extra mile and a half! I did the first loop in 32:07 (not the fastest, but still pretty darn good... for me...) and ended up running for 51 minutes all together. Well, I walked at the end of the loop while I debated whether to keep going, but I ran most of it.

And, lucky for all of you, something kind of interesting happened today that has never happened before. Two things, actually. (1) I passed 4 people who were running -- I didn't count the people walking -- and (2) no one passed me. That has literally never happened to me before. I think all the people who are real runners must've just been going the opposite direction on the loop today, but it still makes me feel a little special. So I'll take it.

One last running observation/question that I keep meaning to mention but keep forgetting, especially directed toward you veteran runners out there: do you have issues with snot? Honestly, I feel like every time I go running I start out fine but then at some point find myself unable to breathe and needing to blow my nose. I never think to bring Kleenex, but also that seems a little weird and where would I put it and what would I do with it once I used it? So, any wisdom you people have to share -- I'm all ears. Help a girl out...

1 comment:

  1. Umm, your shirt becomes your kleenex. The collar part. Unless somebody's got a less gross option. But like the tall socks thing, you kind of get over it.

    ReplyDelete