Monday, December 23, 2013

Motivation Needed

And the lameness continues.

No excuses, but I haven't really done much running recently. I'm just kinda lazy and really enjoy blazing through TV shows in way too little time.

I did run on Monday, as planned, but I did not run again until Friday, and then we only ended up having time for an 18-minute, 1.7 mile jog.
My running buddy from Friday is on the top left.
I thought I had a running date for today, but holiday plans decided to get in the way. I did end up dragging myself off the couch to go, though, which I'm relatively impressed with. I had my little bro drop me at the beach and I ran about 3.5 miles along the coast in 38:45 or so (pit stop in the middle not included in the time) and then walked the last 1.5 back home (I thought about running at times, but it was very sunny and warm so I just walked).

All in all, I'm definitely failing at this training thing. I mean, the whole goal of signing up for the half marathon was to get me to exercise more, which has technically been a success even if the training is pretty much a failure.

But this leaves me with a question for all of you who are runners/who like exercise: how exactly do I become one of you? I mean, I'm usually glad I went when I go, but how do I get to a place where I actually want to go? I need your wisdom...

No comments:

Post a Comment