Friday, November 15, 2013

Week 3: Nothing Too Exciting

Hello devoted readers!

I realize it's been a few days since my last post, but life just hasn't been all that exciting. I'm starting to wonder how I'm going to keep filling these posts - sometimes all I have to say about my run is that it happened...

So let's see, last I updated you I had just gone on run #2 without pain. Which was exciting.

Then, on Tuesday, I went to yoga. You may recall that my normal teacher -- whom I absolutely adore (can you name that Mary Kate & Ashley movie?) -- is out of town for 3 weeks in India. I think I like the one who's subbing on Fridays (though I didn't go today), but I don't think I like the guy who's subbing on Tuesdays. It's hard to explain, but the way he talks when he leads is kinda irritating, but more importantly I felt like we didn't do anything. I think I must've had a class like his the very first time I tried yoga because I remember not liking it because it was too much like doing nothing. It's good that I went I'm sure, but I want Carrie back.


I realized while I was watching Nikita last night that the title character kinda reminds me of my yoga teacher. Go figure.
Then, on Wednesday, I took advantage of another perk of working at a high school with a sports program: we have a weight room. Again, nothing too exciting - I got on a bike for *almost* 30 minutes and then did a plank for a minute. Also, I read what I thought was the last Percy Jackson book. I finished it later that night only to find no resolution and a cliffhanger. I felt cheated and was a little confused, so I went to the website.
Wish I'd know before I started reading. What a letdown.
Thursday was another running day. I cannot even describe to you how exhausted Rachel and I both were after school and how much we did not want to go running. But we did. We decided to walk the middle .3 miles, but we still finished our loop in 35:46, which I'd say is pretty darn good. Especially given how tired we were. And how hot it was (finally hit the 70s once the sun went down).

And then today I rested. I think my body is trying to decide whether to be sick or not, which makes sense at this point in the school year. I'm doing my best to be good and not get sick, but we shall see.

My plan as of now is to do my long run on Sunday morning at the beach. I'll be down at my parents' house for my dad's birthday this weekend, so I've got to take advantage of the lovely ocean breeze.
Maybe if I'm lucky I'll get to do a little of this as well!
The original, overwhelming-to-me training schedule says 7 miles, but it also said 4 for last week and I did 6 (I suppose that's what happens if you don't look), so we shall see what actually ends up happening. I might be going with my half marathon buddy Kristy if she's up for it after first 3 night shifts in a row, or I might not - I imagine she might be even more tired than Rach and I were yesterday. I will keep you posted.

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment