Friday, November 22, 2013

Kind of an Off-Week

This week hasn't been my best (in terms of training anyway).

I mean, I did run the fastest I ever have on Monday, but it's been a bit of a downhill ride since then. I skipped yoga on Tuesday so I could go with our volleyball team to Palm Springs and cheer them on in CIF semifinals. I even got to be the "assistant" trainer and sit on the bench! It was pretty fun. Plus, they won!!
These aren't actually from the game on Tuesday, but it's still them, so good enough.
Then, of course, after going to and from a volleyball game with high school students 2 hours away and not getting home til almost midnight, I was not feelin' the working out Wednesday. I came home and crashed. Slept many hours. It was lovely.

On Thursday, Rachel and I went running after work, but we were both not having a good day of it. Our usual level of chit-chat was waaaaayyyy down because both of us were almost out of breath. Not sure if we were running faster than usual or were just having a really bad running day, but it even got to the point that I got a huge sideache for the first time in a long time and she could barely keep moving, so we started walking at about 2 miles and did about 2.9 mi total in 38:45.

And finally, I had all intention of going to yoga today. But I'm also on junior retreat and then Thanksgiving vacation next week so I had to get everything in order before I left, which means that I missed yoga. I can't be completely sad about it, though, because if I'd gone, I wouldn't have had such a beautiful drive home and wouldn't have seen this when I got to my front door.

Rain makes this even prettier than the Santa Anas. And it comes with cold weather, so I'm all for it!

Since the girls won on Tuesday, they have CIF finals tomorrow at 10am. I got special faculty passes from the Athletic Director for agreeing to do crowd control for our fans, who luckily for me are good about sportsmanship anyway. Yay for getting in places for free!

I'm also pretty psyched to be going with the Cappasolas and my uncle to Catching Fire in IMAX tomorrow. My juniors said it was SO great. We all know high schoolers exaggerate, but I'm still excited about it.

Of course that means I'm not running tomorrow either... But there's a football game at the Rose Bowl anyway so I'll just do my long run on Sunday. And hopefully I will have a new running buddy to tell you all about. So, until then, enjoy your weekend everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment