Monday, November 11, 2013

Running Without...

Today, I ran without socks.

I forgot them when I packed my bag for after work, and Rachel and I were running together today and she drove, so no chance of going back once I figured it out. It worked out okay, though. I did have these lovely little things.

I thought it would be uncomfortable and a pain, but it wasn't. It was actually fine. Mostly because *knock on wood* today I also ran without pain. That's the second time now, and I did take some ibuprofen and am currently icing the Achilles/calf area of my left leg, but that's definite progress. Hopefully this continues.

Today, I ran without boredom. My lovely roommate accompanied me and we chatted on and off for our 3.1 miles (which we finished in 33:07, for those of you out there keeping track - I'm pretty sure that's somewhere around a 10:40 pace, so not bad). We also ran into part of the cross country team from the school where we teach - they were definitely running faster than we were - and saw some people playing with these little planes that make really annoying sounds.

And finally, today I ran without feeling like I was gonna die. I probably could've run faster if I really want to push myself and, by the time we finished, I felt like I probably could've kept going. And I don't feel like I'm dead for the next couple days. So this is good progress methinks.
And now I get to drink chocolate milk. CFitz for the win.





1 comment:

  1. Great job!! No boredom and no pain! And yes to chocolate milk! I bought myself a half gallon Sunday night and it was gone far too soon.

    ReplyDelete