Friday, November 8, 2013

A Week Pretty Empty of Exercise

As you may recall, last time I ran my Achilles tendon was hurting and we didn't exactly know why or how to make it better. Well, it kept hurting pretty much all week. It was sore Monday night, I couldn't even use the stairs at work on Tuesday, and it was sore on and off Wednesday and Thursday.

This morning, as we were having our usual to-carpool-or-not-to-carpool conversation, Rachel mentioned that she was going to yoga after school, so I decided I should probably do that as well. And I did.

But first, we had sophomore retreat. In a happy shift from last year, I wasn't in charge of most of the planning this time so I just got to go and lead a small group. And look at all the nice things the girls said about me during affirmation time!
Sophomore retreat affirmations from my girls.
You'd think that after essentially having a day off - not teaching and all - I'd be full of energy and not tired. Not the case. We got back to school at 2:40 and yoga wasn't until 4, so - no joke - I went up to my office and took a nap on my little couch before I got my car washed and then headed to Yoga House.

I was a little nervous after my 4 strikeouts when it came to finding a teacher I liked there, since my normal teacher is out of town for 3 weeks, and I'm not entirely sure how I feel about her replacement yet, but I think it was good that I went.

And my leg doesn't hurt today, so I'm gonna try running again tomorrow. I've definitely failed at the training schedule this week (1/3 runs, 1/2 yogas), but I suppose when one is injured things have to change. Hopefully I can get through tomorrow without pain and get back on track. 

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment