Saturday, January 18, 2014

Half Marathon Eve

It has arrived. The Tinkerbell Half Marathon is tomorrow. Are we ready? Probably not, but we're doin' it anyway.

Not gonna lie, I was kinda hoping for a bright green shirt (I mean, c'mon -- it's named after Tinkerbell, who always wears bright green), but this isn't too bad. And it's better, I think, than the pale purple 10k shirt, so I'll take it.

Our friends who ran the 10k this morning have already decided they're doing the Disneyland Half Marathon in August. I'm torn. Part of me wants to because over the summer I'd actually have time to train -- no school and all -- but of course, as you may remember, I really dislike running in the heat so part of me obviously doesn't want to. Registration doesn't open until next weekend, though, so I have a little time to decide. If I'm gonna sign up for another one, though, especially an expensive Disney one, it's going to have to be one I take seriously. I'm not gonna sign up for another half unless I actually train for it for real and try to do well. I don't know my exact time for the Holy Half a few years ago, but I think I'd want to aim for a 10:30/11 minute pace. Which would probably be fast for me. But if I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna do it right.

You might be wondering why I'm talking about the Disneyland half as if it would be my next half marathon. Aren't I signed up for a half marathon in May? ... I have a confession. With as much trouble as I had with this training (various injuries, sickness, being tired from work, not having a buddy to keep me motivated), I was feeling extremely overwhelmed about trying to train for another one right away. And I was mentioning this to co-worker of mine who was talking about how she wanted to run a half, so I offered her my spot and she was really excited to take it. So that's that. I feel a little lame about it, but also I think having it hanging over my head for the rest of the semester and me feeling tired all the time from running or lame all the time from not running would've been worse... Don't hate me...

In other news, though, I finally bought The Stick. My goal is to use it on a daily basis, even if I don't run, and get my muscles all nice and loose and relaxed. I really have no excuses cuz I can totally do it while I watch TV or something. In the shorter term, I'm hoping it'll help me be able to walk tomorrow and Monday lol.

Anywho, I'm off to eat dinner and lazy around and try to get some sleep before we wake up to leave for the race at 4 am. I'll have more for you tomorrow =)

No comments:

Post a Comment